Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meaningless Meetings

I could be home loving on my daughter right now. This is what I'm thinking as I sit in on yet another mind numbing meeting. My morning meeting used to be attended by Myself (the Boss), baby (my VP) and Ellen Degeneres, via NBC. We met at 10am on the couch, wore our fluffy robes and had a snooze afterwards. My morning meetings are now at 8:30am so I'm sliding into the room with coffee in one hand and notebook in the other while swiping at the still slightly damp hair in my eyes. I try like mad to keep my eyes open as the men take turns repeating the bosses reason for calling the meeting into order, each of them priding themselves on taking longer to do so than the man before him. Keep in mind that though we may sit here for an hour and a half nothing gets decided and another follow up meeting is scheduled. I, in the meantime stare at my bosses finger and wonder what he did to it to make it jut off in such a bizarre angle.. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job and I know that it sure is easier being here than at home some days, i just wish that there was a little more meaning to the position... something that makes it worth being away from the baby, other than the obvious monetary benefits, a paycheck, 401k, benefits...

I had a dream I was pregnant last night. I'm not sure if I was happy or upset... I think I had it because I've stopped taking the pill since dear hubby and I haven't been up to anything that makes taking it neccesary. Speaking of which I was feeling bad about that last night so I gave him a little "massage" before bed. I'm pretty sure he was appreciative but afterwards he said to me "I hope you didn't do that because you think I'm going to cheat on you. I love you and you're mine forever". Awwww. :) What a catch huh?

No comments: